Welcome to CNC. Whatever has brought you to our website, you are warmly welcomed. We hope you are able to find all the information you need to get a sense of who we are as a community, but if there’s anything else you want to ask please feel free to email or call. Of course the best way to get to know us is to come along to a Sunday gathering or a midweek network group but I know that might be a big step.
CNC is a ‘network church’. We are a Bishop’s Mission Order in the Diocese of Gloucester and part of the Church of England. As a church we work across the whole of Cheltenham and enjoy working with churches with connections to a range of Christian streams and other organisations.
We are only one of several great churches gathering on the south of Cheltenham and we are delighted to be working alongside the parishes of the South Cheltenham Team.
You can find CNC at Emmanuel Church Naunton every Sunday at 10am but we think the Christian life is much more than just Sunday gatherings.
CNC members believe that every follower of Jesus is called to play their part in God’s mission of healing and transformation. We believe small things done with great love can change the world.
We value diversity and give each other space to question and wrestle with issues of faith. The leadership of the church have a strong belief in the orthodox, historic doctrines of the Christian faith, but our members don’t have to even be Christians to be part of our community. Nobody needs to pretend that they agree with a particular view just to fit in.
If you would like to know more we’d love to welcome you to one of our gatherings or one of our midweek groups. You’ll find contact details at the bottom of this page.
Vision and Values
Our vision is to build communities that grow followers of Jesus of all age.
We want to take seriously:
- the call to draw people to know Jesus for themselves
- the need to let God transform our hearts, minds and lives
- the importance of encountering God through the presence and gifts of his Spirit
- the bigger picture of our place in God’s diverse Church
- the responsibility of wrestling with the Bible
- and we want to have fun doing it, so… we don’t want to take ourselves too seriously.
You probably need to know:
- we’re not as slick as this website makes us look
- we don’t always agree with each other
- the vicar isn’t always right
- we love each other anyway
We are a Fairtrade Church and encourage our members to engage in ethical trading.